LAWEH FREE WEBINAR SERIES: WORKPLACE POLITICS FOR MANAGERS
We are pleased to introduce and to invite you to a free webinar on Office/Workplace Politics dubbed ‘Navigating Workplace Politics to Enhance Performance’. Laweh Open University is the first accredited open university in Ghana and the second in West Africa. As a leader in E-Learning in Ghana, we consider it part of our social responsibility to help organizations maintain a healthy and sustainable work environment. Laweh has therefore introduced a series of free Webinars. The Webinar on Office Politics is one of them. Certificate will be awarded for those who successfully go through the programme.
Workplace or Office Politics is the use of power and social networking within an organisation to achieve changes that benefit the organisation or individuals within it. ‘Workplace Politics’ involves of the human issues from a subtle tensing of the shoulders to an eye roll, to camps and affiliations in the workplace, and the outspoken declaration of “NEVER will that happen”. Office Politics is not something you can opt out of. You are in it whether you like it or not. That is why you need to navigate it to your personal and organizational advantage.
At its core, the workplace is a social environment. Learning to thrive in that environment is contingent on building effective working relationships so that you can exert influence across your organisation, regardless of where you happen to rank on the organisational chart. That is what this webinar will teach you.
- Navigate the office politics of any working environment so that you can get more done and be happier at work.
- Identify and interact with different types of workplace personalities, so that you can get what you want more often.
- Identify your organizational ‘allies’, ‘enemies’ and key decision makers to build strong working relationships and avoid unnecessary political battles.
- Create win-win situations in your organization.
Topics to be treated include:
- Meaning and Reasons for Office Politics
- Office Politics and Organizational Dynamics
- Effects of Politics on Organization and Employees
- Ways to Reduce Politics at the Workplace
- Improve Your Skills through Office Politic
Target Groups: This webinar is intended for executive, mangers or anyone leading a team.
Dates: 23, 24 and 26 June, 2020
Call +233(0)547169761/ 233(0)205062892 for Registration and further enquiries.
We look forward to you joining us for this webinar which promises to be enlightening.
Ebenezer T. Hanson