The Master of Science in ICT aims to provide areas of excellence in the field of ICT that are suitable for the Information and Communications industry. The M. Sc. ICT aims to instill a high-level knowledge in the areas of expertise with additional focus on fostering research and development of new ideas in these areas. Information and Communication Technology (ICT) Systems have been a main driver of technological innovation during recent decades and now play a pivotal role in all aspects of modern life. Professionals who are experts in ICT Systems are therefore in constant demand. In order to really stand out in today’s job market ICT professionals need a combination of technical, managerial, and interdisciplinary skills from different sectors of the economy, as well as exposure to an international environment. The MSc in ICT students will learn to excel in their technical skills while also acquiring grounding in managerial skills. This programme is designed for those University graduates of Informatics/Computer Science, Electrical Engineering and also Natural Sciences departments, who wish to acquire a competitive edge in the rapidly converging information and telecommunication technologies market.
M.Sc. ICT graduates specializing in Computer Information Systems find employment in the private sector with ICT consultancy firms, software houses, ICT service providers and telecom providers amongst others. The level of specialization offered through this course will allow graduates to undertake responsibilities requiring above-average insight and analysis. The knowledge and skills attained during this course opens doors for graduates to seek employment with large research groups in industry, research institutes, and universities abroad.
Successful students from this course will have the necessary preparation and skill-set should they wish to apply and carry out studies at doctoral level.
- Understand Innovative usage of information systems to improve business processes and services.
- Understanding of the theory, practice, and the current research trends in the field of information systems.
- Understanding of the underlying principles as well as a comparison of technology and techniques currently in use as well as perspective and future trends.
- Familiarizes with methods, techniques, and tools that are currently available for research, enabling students to develop and publish using international standards within international environments and frameworks.
- Enable the graduates to function and drive decision-making processes in their workforce.
- To equip students with scientific knowledge for analytical thinking in ICT development and management
- To engage in systematic thinking about the relationship between ICT and social systems
- To produce ICT academics and professionals required at various levels of the social, economic and industrial development of Ghana and elsewhere.
- To prepare students for advanced research and dissemination of knowledge at the PhD